We are SocketHead Studios, LLC. Welcome to our website.
Why Do We Collect Information?
We collect your information because it enables us to give you and our other customers, partners and users convenient access to certain features and services. It also enables us to verify your identity in our interactions with you, enable you to purchase certain products from us, provide you with a consistent and personalized experience, and deliver a superior level of customer service. For example, to activate certain software products available on the website, we ask you to provide your email address and other information, so that we can send you the product key to activate the software. Similarly, to access certain of our features, services, and other non-public areas of our website, you will be asked to sign in with a login name and password. If you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you will not be able to access such non-public areas because we cannot verify your identity. Your information also helps us keep you posted on status updates, reminders, confirmations, and special offers, and events that may interest you.
What Is "Personal Information"?
For purposes of this statement, "personal information" includes private information collected by us that may be used to uniquely identify an individual. Personal information does not include any public information about an individual that is available through federal, state, or local public records. It also does not include any information that, by itself, does not uniquely identify an individual, such as raw data aggregated across many individuals.
Collecting and Using Information.
Unless we say otherwise when collecting such information, we will use any personal information you provide to us in accordance with the terms of this statement. We will collect, use, and retain your personal information only to the extent reasonably necessary, and for the purposes we describe to you in this statement or elsewhere. Such purposes include in connection with our provision of requested services to you and our other customers, partners and users, and the operation and administration of this website.
We may combine information we collect about you from this website with information we obtain about you from other sources, including aggregate data from third parties. For purposes of research and analysis, we may also aggregate personal and other information about you with information about our other customers, partners and users. You agree to such use and agree that we will retain complete ownership and control over any aggregate data that we compile or acquire.
Further, you also agree that we may use your information to communicate status updates, reminders, confirmations, and other messages to you related to your purchase of our products and services, or use of the features and services on our websites. We may also use your information, where we have obtained your permission to do so, to communicate special offers and promotions from us, our affiliates, and our marketing partners that may interest you. You can "opt-out" of receiving such messages by changing your preferences at: https://www.socketheadstudios.com/commerce/Profile.action.
Sometimes we hire other companies to provide products and services to you on our behalf, such as processing transactions, hosting websites, conducting surveys, and providing customer service. We may share some of your personal information with these companies to enable them to perform such work. These companies are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose, are required to maintain its confidentiality, and are obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with our privacy policies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where we have obtained your permission to do so and where we are required or permitted to do so by law. We will not sell your personal information to third parties without your prior permission, unless as part of a sale of the company or division or sale of the website.
Technical Information and Cookies.
As is true of most websites, we gather technical information about your interaction with our website automatically, and store it in our logs. Such information includes Internet Protocol addresses, web browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring or exit pages, operating system, and date and time stamps.
And, as is true of most websites, we use "cookies" - small text files that are stored on your computer that allow our web site to identify your browser, session and your customized preferences from one visit to the next. You may configure your web browser to accept or decline cookies from our website. However, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to login to use certain private areas of our website. We also will not be able to customize your experience or deliver certain interactive services and features to you.
Finally, we also use very small electronic images, known as "web beacons" from us and third parties to identify your interaction with our and such third-party websites over time.
By way of example, we may use technical information, sessions, web beacons, and cookies
- to provide you with a more customized experience on our website and provide you greater convenience each time you interact with us,
- to make it easier for you to use different parts of our website without paving to login multiple times,
- to help us understand which parts of our website are the most popular and how much time our users spend in each,
- to measure the effectiveness of our communications, promotional campaigns, and the searches performed on our website,
- to administer our website,
- to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on one of our websites results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser's website,
- to study traffic patterns and trends on our website, and
- to study aggregate demographic information about our users as a whole.
Protecting Your Information.
We take a number of technical and procedural precautions to protect your personal information from misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure. For security reasons, only some of our safeguards are described below and only in general terms.
To safeguard your personal information, we
- use secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption to collect and transmit personal information you communicate with us electronically,
- require passwords for access to non-public areas of the website and mask such passwords through visual encryption,
- require visual authentication mechanisms to limit the creation of new user accounts through automated scripts and robots, and
- temporarily restrict access to user accounts that have repeated failed login attempts.
You can also help us protect your personal information by
- using only secure web browsers,
- employing common anti-virus and anti-malware tools on your system to keep it safe,
- carefully logging out after using our website,
- using strong passwords with a combination of letters and numbers,
- changing your password often, and
- notifying us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel your login and/or password have been compromised.
Finally, please exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. We may provide public areas on our website where you can post information about yourself and others. We do not control who reads postings on our website, or how they may use or disclose such information. If you choose to voluntarily disclose personal information on public portions of our website, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages.
If you have any questions or concerns about this statement, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we currently hold about you, please email us at email@example.com.